Local Public Relations Manager (Central, Northeast, and Southeast regions)
Reports To: Senior Public Relations Manager
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, Firehouse Subs® is one of the nation’s leading fast casual restaurant chains with a commitment to and passion for hearty and flavorful food, heartfelt service and public safety. Join an exciting, fast-paced and high energy environment, and the hub of the communication network for more than 1,100 restaurants across 44 states, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Mexico.
The Local Public Relations Manager will manage local public relations efforts for the Central, Northeast, and Southeast regions of the Firehouse Subs system, and serve as the Local Public Relations Manager to Area Representatives and Franchisees. The Local Public Relations Manager’s mission is to execute the brand’s annual public relations strategy, integrated campaigns and produce local public relations results that drive sales and Franchisee satisfaction.
Scope of Anticipated Duties:
- Communicate and implement the brand’s annual public relations strategy in assigned regions to drive traffic and awareness to meet sales goals and franchisee satisfaction
- Develop and execute local public relations as part of integrated campaigns with local Firehouse Subs Marketing Managers that center around traditional earned media as a lead component
- Comprehensive New Restaurant Opening public relations to include creation, implementation and execution of new restaurant opening press materials within assigned territory with agency partner media support
- Collaborate in developing annual public relations plan with the Senior Public Relations Manager, brand public relations team and public relations agency of record
- Identify local public relations initiatives to increase brand awareness through traditional earned media channels
- Assemble publicity reports for internal stakeholders of assigned territory
- Work with brand public relations team to disseminate brand publicity goals and objectives in local territory
- Provide designated Area Representatives (AR) and Franchisees with local restaurant public relations consultation
- Coordinate with agency partner to strategize local public relations plans that align with key business objectives
- Travel to territory to build relationships with ARs and Franchisees
- Act as liaison between field and corporate public relations to ensure ideas, suggestions and feedback are received, considered and responded to appropriately
- Provide local public relations support for Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation events in assigned territory
- Build trust and collaboration among people, teams and departments
- Create and execute educational and strategic public relations presentations at territory meetings
- Ensure public relations and media policy information is effectively communicated to assigned ARs and Franchisees
- Coordinate approvals of any local public relations efforts
- Support agency partner and Senior Public Relations Manager with national public relations initiatives
- Provides crisis communications support to Senior Public Relations Manager in assigned territory, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or a related field
- Minimum of three years public relations, corporate communications or journalism work experience
- Public relations agency background in account service
- Able to effectively multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Able to communicate in both written and verbal form with conviction and credibility, adapting message to suit level of audience
- Flexibility, a positive attitude, enthusiasm and excellent problem solving skills required
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and with teams
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Outgoing personality
- Proficient in AP style
- Strong public speaking skills; must be able to present to large groups
- Travel up to 50%
Preferred education and experience:
- Restaurant industry experience is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Firehouse Restaurant Group
Fuel your future at Firehouse Subs!
We've put heroic efforts into creating an award-winning brand consistently recognized among the best fast casual restaurant chains. With a family of 1,100 restaurants we're growing fast, and we need positive and energetic talent for our headquarters team at Firehouse Subs®. We have a Commitment to and Passion for Hearty and Flavorful Food, Heartfelt Service and Public Safety...and hiring the best!
We are actively seeking candidates with a wide variety of skill sets: experienced professionals, recent college graduates, interns and others. We invite you to learn more about these opportunities by selecting from the available positions listed below.
Company Website: www.firehousesubs.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)